Sunday, February 4, 2018

Week 3 Round Up

So I totally slacked on posting this week. 
I started feeling like crap and it really took it out of me. I had a sore throat with a touch of scratchy. Nothing too major because I can't handle a sore throat well at all. Add in the stuffy, icky head feeling and I was just feeling blah. The first day or two it hit me I had a fever. How fun! No body aches thankfully. I first thought it was allergies because I was sneezing my head off but allergies don't last this long. Right? lol Even though I was feeling icky I still knocked out each workout everyday to the best of my abilities. I'm pretty proud of that! 
Here's a quick recap:

Refer to Day 15's post for Total Body Core

Day 16: Booty
This one hurt!! Like for real pain. lol I was screaming so much the first round my cat came to check on me. She figured I was ok and started to attack my hair. Typical. 😹

Day 17: Cardio Core
Holy sweat!! Last week I didn't do so hot with this workout so this time I got more sleep and was determined to kick its ass. Then I got sick and I still wanted to kick its ass so I did the best I could. I pushed and I kept going when I wanted to quit and I totally kicked this workout's ass! I pushed so hard I hit 185 bpm and my max for my age is 187 😬

Day 18: AAA
You know Autumn loves to bring the pain so that little plank hold she added in was dirty!! lol I did 20s most of the time but I had to do 15s for the hammer curls. Had bad form with the 20s so I dropped to the 15s. Play it smart! Also, still doing push ups on the toes 💪 Last time wasn't a fluke! I can really do pushups on my toes now!! Only took me a year and nineish months. Progress!!
Look at my progress and take it in for a second. If you think you're not improving on some moves or in some areas and you get discouraged, don't!! We progress at a rate our bodies can handle. There's no how-to manual to operate our bodies or to tell us how long it will take to lose weight or build muscle. You just have to keep at it and keep your head in the game long enough to see the progress. Sometimes we don't even know we made progress until we try something we thought we couldn't do. Pushups have always been a frenemy of mine and now I am OWNING them. My range of motion may not be like Richardson's yet, or it may never get there, but I'm on my toes and that progress makes me happy and pushes me to keep moving forward.

Day 19: Legs
Autumn started out with 25s so I was down with trying that. 20s are getting easier, not easy, but easier. Yea, that was a big no for me. lol I was feeling icky and my left hand was giving me serious pain holding that 25. Like it hurt so bad I dropped the weight. So 20s and 15s for me on leg day. Still rocked it out. I even did one 30 for the squats to give my hand a little more rest. I squashed this workout while feeling crappy. #beast
Something that's helped me get through these workouts while feeling under the weather is my dad. When he would start to feel a cold coming on he would go for long run. I remember him being sick once growing up. When he was sick he was sick. It scared me he was so sick. My dad was the pinnacle of health so I took a tip from him and sweated it out this week and I'm glad I did. I think it helped me to not get worse.

Day 20: Cardio Flow
I wanted to see how much progress I had made with this workout, even though I hate it. Not love/hate it, hate it 😆😂 I didn't allow myself breaks and I did every move to the best of my ability and I survived!! I only took breaks that Autumn and the cast took and I hung in there.
Fun Fact: I had a dream about Cardio Flow the night before. Crazy, right? In my dream I'm doing spider push ups and they're crazy easy. So easy I don't feel any stress, any strain, any struggle. It's like I'm floating through the push up, easy like Sunday morning. Yea, that's not how it felt come Saturday morning. lol However, I did gain a little more range of motion in the pushups so a little progress happened!! Woot!

Sunday Rest Day (not day 21)
I get a lot done on Sundays now. More so than ever before, which I give a little credit to 80 Day Obsession. I knocked some chores off my to-do list and even did a little mini workout. Autumn posted a #commercialchallenge for people watching the Super Bowl #goeagles I am not watching it and just voting for the underdogs #sueme lol 
I just did one of each and it was fun, not easy though! lol Afterwards, I did Stretch & Release. 

Tomorrow:
Day 21: Total Body Core
WEEK 4, ya'll!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase 1 RESULTS Are In!!

If you are like me then you don't look forward to stepping on the scale. However, it's a must! Phase 1 is DONE!! We have to be prop...